Revlon® Colorstay™ Eyeliner glides on easily adding drama and definition to your eyes for up to 16 hours. Waterproof formula won’t smear, smudge or fade. Available in 8 shades.
- Black Brown
• Advance tip to desired length by twisting body of pencil. • Apply along lash line starting from inner corner of eye working outwards. • To sharpen, pull out sharpener from end of pencil. Insert tip of pencil in sharpener and turn gently.
My Take on the Product:
Revlon colorstay eyeliner comes as a sleek pencil with twist up mechanism for taking out the eyeliner point with a plastic cap.The back of the pencil & cap are in the shade of eyeliner, so its very easy to find out the colours if you own some collection of these. It is not retractable, once you take out the eyeliner it can’t be twisted back into the pencil. The eyeliner tip is blunt and although they have suggested that it can sharpened, most of the times the tip just breaks and the product is wasted. Also the tip is very thin & delicate to be sharpened.
The texture is very smooth & creamy but sturdy enough that it glides on lids & lower lash line smoothly & evenly without breaking & gives an even application.It tugs on skin occasionally but most of the times it does a pretty good job. The tip being blunt gives you precise thick lines on the lids but is not recommended for thin lines.The liner is fairly pigmented and pays off good colour in single swipe however you can play with the intensity if you want your colour to be more dramatic & bold.
The liner stays for good 9-10 hours on my lid without fading but I tend to rub my eyes every now & then (trying to get rid of this habit) and I could see slight smudging which is hardly noticeable. But it hardly stays for 2 hours on my waterline (I love to use this as a Kajal) as I have got watery eyes & I cannot blame the liner for this.It does not irritate my waterline. Overall it delivers excellent staying power & is waterproof.
It’s a deep semi- glossy jet black colour(its not completely glossy or matte. Hope I am making sense here).I love to use this as a kajal. I love & prefer to use in place of matte blacks as it instantly pops up the eyes compared to the matte ones. As it doesn’t smudge easily the use is very much restricted to liner only. On upper lid I use it with light hand as I don’t like very deep black on my lids.
The good about Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner: Black
- Sleek packaging with twist up mechanism.
- Deep glossy jet black colour which instantly pops up the eyes.
- Awesome staying power.
- Smudge proof & waterproof
- Glides smoothly & evenly on lids without any tugging of skin.
- Smooth & creamy texture but sturdy enough to glide without any breakage of lid.
- Fairly pigmented
- Wide range of shades to choose from.
- Does not irritate my waterline
Not-so-Good about Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner: Black
- It is not helpful for applying thin lines as the tip is blunt.
- Breaks very easily while sharpening causing wastage of product.
- I find the pricing on steeper side.
- Occasional tugging of skin.
Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner comes as a sleek pencil with twist up mechanism to take put the liner. The tip is not retractable. Has wide range of shades to choose from. It is smudge proof , water proof and delivers excellent results in terms of texture, staying power & pigmentation. The shade black is deep glossy jet black which instantly brightens the whole eye look as compared to regular matte black shades. Can be used on waterline also.
Overall Rating: 4/5