With Maybelline BB cream doing rounds around the blogsphere, here’s my version on how it flared on my super dry skin.
- Provides 8 benefits in 1 step!
- Instantly brightens : Brightens skin to one tone lighter.
- Protects with SPF 21/ PA+++ : Has a smooth, light & non-greasy texture.
- Evens tone : Hides imperfections & corrects uneven skin tone.
- Hydrates : Moisturises all day(8 hours).
- Conceals : Perfectly conceals flaws, blemishes & redness.
- Smoothes : Instantly makes skin softer & smoother.
- Mattifies : Controls shine all day.
- Freshens : Resists sweat & sebum for 5 hours.
- Easy to use
- Dermatologist Tested
- Wont clog pores
- Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
Price: 199INR for 18ml. I got it from stylecraze.com
- Just squeeze out a little BB Cream(in about the size of 50 paise coin), then apply it on your forehead, chin and cheeks.
- Spread it all over your face with short, quick strokes.
- Finallly, you could also apply a little Kajal and Lip Balm for a great natural look.
My Take on the Product:
Packaging is pretty attractive with green coloured tube & steel twist up cap. The product comes out through a small pin opening in the nozzle. The shade Radiance is perfect match for most of the Indian skintones. The BB cream gives sheer to medium coverage but if you have any prominent dark spots or blemishes then it won’t be able to give the complete coverage. The consistency is not very thick and spreads on skin easily.
The cream takes sometime to get sink into the skin and till that it looks like a whitish cast on your skin. It does gives a nice dewy look with natural glow but on my super dry skin it is not enough moisturizing for me.I am not sure of the staying power as I find myself reapplying this again & again due to lack of enough mousturization for my very dry skin. I just can’t manage to wear this alone or else I start getting a stretchy feeling.At max I have stayed for 3 hours wearing this alone for first time & again I need to reapply this. I generally mix it with my Pond’s TM. Once it gets sinks into the skin looks very natural & gives a radiant dewy look but somehow I prefer my Pond’s TM over this which is enough moisturizing for my dry skin & gives a good medium coverage.
The Good about Maybelline Clearglow BB Cream:
- Gives sheer to medium coverage on skin.
- Light textured & does not feel heavy on skin.
- Gives a dewy glowy skin.
- Easy to use tube packaging.
- Contains SPF.
- Shades available are very much a good much for Indian skin tones.
The Not-so-Good about Maybelline Clearglow BB Cream:
- Not enough moisturizing for my very dry skin. Reapplication is required every few hours.
- Takes time to get sink into skin which makes it inconvenient to use this during emergiences.
The Maybelline BB cream comes in three shades which are a close match for most of the Indian skin tones. It gives a sheer to medium coverage but won’t give a complete coverage for prominent dark spots & blemishes. The cream takes time to get sink into skin till them it looks like a whitish cast on my skin which I don’t like. Its very light textured and is not enough moisturizing for my dry skin. I am still not comfortable using this alone & prefer my Pond’s TM over this. It does give a dewy look with natural glow on skin but moisturization is critical for my dry skin which it fails to deliver.