A Little about Moksha
Founded in 2005 in Linz, Austria to support worldwide production and distribution of the finest Essential Oils, Spice Oleoresins, Herbal Extracts, Floral Hydrosols and other natural materials.
Moksha Lifestyle Products is now a leading wholesale supplier of 100% Pure, Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and other materials around the world. Starting with just a handful of distilleries, they now produce over 80% of our own products and source the remaining from certified and ethical producers world-wide.
Check out their Website HERE for more info.
I got mine in a 10ml sample size glass bottle with a tight cap & small nozzle opening for taking out the product.
We all are aware of therapeutic properties of Lavender essential oil. This is one universal oil which blends many other oils easily & boosts the entire body system with its addictive aroma & medicinal properties.
About Moksha Lavender Oil (Taken from Website)
Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
Plant Part: Flower Head
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Color: Pale yellow with a tint of green
Common Uses: Lavender Population is credited as being an analgesic, anticonvulsive, antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antirheumatic, antseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, bactericide, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, and as a diuretic. This lavender is grown at a high pristine elevation over 3,500 feet, creating a highly exotic and complex lavender oil. Mellowed by the long daylight hours in high latitude, moderate rainfall and sandy soil, this lavender rivals the best of the world’s great lavenders. Herbalist regards Lavender as the most useful and versatile essential oil for therapeutic purposes. Lavender is the essential oil most commonly associated with burns and healing of the skin. It also has antiseptic and analgesic properties that will ease the pain of a burn and prevent infection. It also has cytophylactic properties that promote rapid healing and help reduce scarring. The scent of Lavender is said to have a calming effect on the body and it can be used to reduce anxiety, stress and promote sleep.
Strength of Aroma: strong
Blends well with: bay, bergamot, chamomile, citronella, clarysage, geranium, jasmine, lemon, mandarin, orange, palmarosa, patchouli, pine, tangerine, thyme, rosemary, rosewood, ylang ylang
Aromatic Scent: Lavender (Kashmir) has a sweet, green scent that speaks well of therapy.
Cautions: Non toxic, non irritant and non sensitizing.
Please note, the International Federation of Aromatherapists do not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
How I use Moksha Lavender Oil:
There are numerous ways in which you can pamper yourself with Lavender oil but since it is more or less related to medicinal issue (read their disclaimer) I prefer to use it in safest ways like:
- Adding 2-3 drops of this oil to my bathing water which relieves of aching muscles. It also helps to sooth the skin if suffering from any kind of irritation.
- Can be used as massage oil directly but would advise to consult a specialist before doing this as I am not sure of the quantity. I generally mix a drop of this oil to my regular body lotion or olive oil for body massage.
- Adding this oil to a diffuser. The soft fragrance instantly relieves your tired nervous system making you calm. Although you will find the fragrance very strong in the bottle but once diluted it becomes quite soft & relaxing.
- Through google I found that it helps to give a tight relaxing sleep. You can either apply this oil on your pillow or spray this on a tissue or napkin & keep it under your pillow. Both ways it works great.
- I also use this in foot soak to get relieve from the tired feet. Its just a great feeling.
- I don’t know how much it is safe but have tried this adding to my face packs & also to water for steaming face during facial & it works great. I haven’t faced any kind of problem or irritation with this.
So these are the few ways I use this oil. Besides this Lavender oil is considered good for acne treatment & numerous body disorders like cold, muscular pains, depression, Digestive probs , skin infections, fatigue, headache and the list goes on….. but make sure to consult your doctor before experimenting with essential oils on yourself.
I would highly recommend this essential oil which gives an effective relief from all the body problems whether internal or external. Also a great product for skin care.
How do you prefer to use essential oils?
PS: Product sent by brand for consideration. This however has not affected my review.