Post by Shinjini
Hi friends!!!! Today I will be reviewing konad nail art stamping kit. My kit basically is a Pinnacle promotions kit. Various other kits are also available online. I have not yet seen any konad products or any nail stamping products available locally. So I guess if you want to have one then you have to order it online. I got mine from www.urbantouch.com. It’s very easy to do and takes up only 10 – 15 minutes of your time. Its hassle free and looks really great on nails. The designs are very intricate and delicate. The image plate is also separately available online. So, if you buy the whole kit once the after that you can only purchase the image plate. The prices of the plate as well as the kit are quite expensive. It’s not an Indian company so that’s why the prices are so high. The price ranges from Rs. 500-1500/-.
The whole kit came in beautiful packed box with the site name engraved in the cover.
- A mini stamp.
- A mini nail polish white in color. (Its konad special nail polish. Instructions say that only these special nail polishes will work on the plate and stamp but I have tried it with other brands of nail polishes as well and it worked fine.)
- A metal scrapper.
- A mini image plate. (The image plate has 4 four different designs. Two butterfly motifs and two flower motifs.)
Packaging: –It came in a small sealed pack. The nail polish was inside the stamp. I loved the packaging. It was neat.
I just love painting my nails with flowers or butterflies or anything that looks good. I was desperately looking for a nail art kit from konad as they specialize in them. I searched many stores but in vain and at last found what I needed online. This particular kit is a promotional kit so everything inside is very small. The image plates are separately available. It’s so easy and in just few minutes you have beautiful nails. The plate has 4 different images on it. The white nail polish it provided along with the kit is very thick and you can substitute it with any other nail polish you want to. Make sure you use a nail polish with good pigmentation as it does not work with cheap nail polishes. I have tried it and the final print is very light with the local nail polishes. A very big drawback is that it consumes a lot of nail polish and remover. You have to clean the scraper and the image plate after every application. You have to make different application for every nail. The basic concept is every time you apply nail polish over the image, the nail polish fits in the engraving. Then you scrape off the excess nail polish and copy the image onto the stamp. Then stamp the image onto your nail. Sometimes the image does not come clear on the stamp then you have it repeat the process again. So it’s a very time taking process. Moreover it takes a bit off time to get the hold of it. The print stays put till the nail polish beneath it stays if you secure it with a top coat. If you dint then it does not stay for more than 4-5 day. All in all it’s worth the money.
How to use:-
1. Wrench off the lid of the stamp.
2. Take the nail polish out of the tool.
3. Apply konad nail art polish to the desired image on the plate.
4. Scrape across the plate with the scrapper to wipe off the excess polish.
5. Quickly press the stamp onto the plate to pick up the design.
6. Stamp the image onto your nail in gentle rolling motion.
- It’s quick and fast to do and it’s worth it.
- The promotional kit is cheap compared to other kit.
- Looks really elegant on nails.
- You can use your own imagination and create a lot of designs.
- You can apply any color and even try doing with two different colors.
- The only problem is it’s not available always online and is frequently out of stock.
- The courier service takes about 1 week to deliver.
- A lot of nail polish remover is used up as after every application u has to clean the scrapper, image plate and the stamp.
Highly Recommended! As it’s really good and the promotional one is economical enough to try it at least once. I don’t think I will be buying it again. It looks really great on the nails but it consumes a lot of time. I just wanted to have one of these and I am satisfied with one.