Neem, also known as Indian Lilac, has anti- bacterial, anti-protozal, anti- parasitic and anti- fungal properties. It can be made into the powder form or oil can be extracted from the leaf. Well both are just as effective as neem leaf. It is also available in capsule form. It is a miracle for people with problematic skin.
- Neem for acne and blackheads:
Neem can cure an outbreak of acne and pimples and is a boon for people with oily, acne prone skin. Here are few recipes which can help you in fighting against acne:
- Boil few neem leaves in water and use this water to splash on the skin several times a day to reduce acne and the scars left by them. The neem water can also be stored in the refrigerator in small batches for its future use in face packs.
- Dry neem leaves under the sun and powder them. Mix neem powder and turmeric powder and make a paste. Apply on the acne affected area for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off. It heals acne and acne scars if used regularly.
- Mix neem powder and tulsi powder in a bowl. Make a fine paste using rose water and apply on the affected parts for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with water. This mixture is excellent for oily, acne prone skin and prevents acne from reoccurring.
- Mix fuller’s earth and neem powder and make a fine paste using rose water. Apply on the skin for 15 minutes and wash it off. This method helps in keeping acne at bay.
- Rub the skin of the neem tree on a hard surface with little water and apply on acne affected parts. This remedy acts as one of the best remedies in healing acne.
- If you are suffering from blackheads dilute neem oil with water and apply it over the blackhead areas. This will help you in getting rid of blackheads slowly.
- Neem for skin disorders or infections
Neem leaves are also used in bathing. Neem bath is useful in treating scabies, eczema and itching. Soak few neem leaves in bath tub for few minutes before taking bath and use that water to cope up with any kind of skin infection.
- Neem for dark circles
Neem is a natural supplement that helps in reducing dark circles and provides internal glow to the skin.
- Neem for pigmentation or blemishes
Mix neem powder, tulsi (basil) powder and sandalwood powder and make a fine paste. Apply the paste It helps in lightning blemishes
- Neem for glowing skin
Mix besan, turmeric powder, lime juice, neem powder and tulsi powder and make a fine paste using rose water. Apply it onto your skin for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. It gives a nice instant glow to the skin.
Mix neem powder with yogurt. Apply it onto your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- Neem for wrinkles
Neem is said to slow down the process of skin aging if used regularly.
- Neem to control oil
Neem helps in controlling excessive oil. Grind neem leaves in water and apply onto the face for 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. This recipe helps you to cleanse your pores from sebum excess.
PS: Image source via Google Images
Post Written by: Megha (Oily, Acne Prone Skin)