Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour® Cream is the legendary, award-winning skin protectant that does more than soothe sun-burned skin, rehydrate chapped lips, and heal rough elbows and calluses. It’s also the secret that makeup artists all over the world use for keeping legs, lips and eyelids shiny; eyebrows in place; and cuticles perfectly manicured. There are an infinite number of ways to use this classic cream, but here are 8 great ones:
1. SKIN SAVER – Protect skin from drying wind, central heating and air conditioning. This skincare multi-tasker soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve minor skin irritations, including roughness, redness, chapped, cracked or dry skin.
2. SHINE FACTOR – Found in top makeup artists’ kits worldwide, this all-in-one beauty tool adds shine to eyelids, cheeks, lips and legs.
3. EYE OPENER – All it takes is a dab to smooth eyebrows and create a perfectly defined arch that will stay in place all day.
4. CUTICLE CONDITIONER – Soften rough, dry cuticles to keep them smooth, supple and beautifully manicured.
5. TREAT FOR FEET – Smooth rough heels and soften soles for barefoot beauty in every season.
6. AFTER-SUN SOOTHER – With its legendary soothing and moisturizing benefits, it’s the ideal after-sun treatment to relieve minor sunburn and calm dry, irritated sun-exposed skin.
7. FLIGHT TOOL – Flying can leave skin looking and feeling dry and uncomfortable. Pack this intensive hydrator to boost skin’s in-flight moisture level wherever you go.
8. LEG WEAR – Great for an après shave or après wax treatment. This classic cream calms irritation, reduces redness and leaves legs super-smooth and silky-soft.
During my Thailand vacation I purchased their Eight Hour Cream Lip protectant which was a saviour for me. I got this cream from inflight duty free section mainly for the lip protectant when I was about to finish the first one I got. Later I realized that the cream itself is all in one product which can be used on lips too. I can say this was the best skin care buy I had ever made.
The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour protectant range is available in various form: the all in one cream (the original formula), in lip protectant form, in face cream form, in hand cream form & in body treatment form. The packaging of the tube in travel kit is same the full size original tube. It comes in a white coloured opaque squeeze tube packaging with flip flop cap. The content is very unappealing. It’s a dirty yellow thick gel like cream which looks like a weird smelling ointment to me & I had to really convince hard myself to start using this. I started using this on my lips as they were the most affected during my vacation. Like a magic my lips were back to very normal & hydrated in just two days bidding adieu to those dry flakes, cracks & the dryness along the lip line. Though the lip protectant worked wonders too but I wanted to test the so-called all in one cream also. But this took me to surprise when I started using this on my skin after recovering from the horrible breakouts which left my skin all parched, dry & flaky. Working under AC made things worse for my skin. This was the only product I was using along with my regular sunscreen for a month & hence no FOTDS with the product reviews. I was able to see my skin recovering from the day I started using this & incorporated it into my night regime too. My skin, complexion were all back to normal in week. The dryness & flakes were all gone. In short this is one sure shot magic for the skin dryness issues.
As mentioned the texture of the cream is thick gel like which is easy to spread but feels slightly sticky & leaves a greasy feel along with a shiny layer on skin. But it doesn’t look too shiny or oily on my dry skin giving it almost a dewey look, however oily skin may want to test this before using on the face. It sits on the skin unaffected by any of the external factors for the whole day. I do my regular cleansing & toning routine after coming back from work & then apply this as a night cream. My skin is all soft & supple the next morning. Being thick small amount is enough for the entire face. I also use this on my lips at night & wake up with soft & hydrated lips. This is my HG skin cream & I am already onto my new pack. I don’t use this under my foundation or TM’s as I mainly go for sheer coverage dewey finish ones & this cream underneath makes my face looks like a shining ball. As my skin is back to normal without any damage, I use this as my regular night cream.
I have all good things to say about the product. Though one may find the price on steeper side but its worth every penny spent. For dry skin females this is a MUST HAVE! Check out my review for Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant also.
Problem: Roughness, Dryness, flakiness, Lip Cracks, Skin irritations, sunburns, skin redness…..
Solution: ELIZABETH ARDEN EIGHT HOUR CREAM SKIN PROTECTANT.