Here are some useful & foolproof hair care tips from Ms. Aakriri Kochar: Beauty & Makeup Expert, Oriflame India.
- Use the right comb to untangle your hair – wide toothed combs with less static
- To avoid breakage, comb your hair at the bottom and then start combing from the roots
- Make sure your hair is fully wet before you apply shampoo and use warm water for this
- Like your skin, your hair also needs hydration. Drink plenty of water
- Eat a balanced protein rich diet, along with plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Condition your hair and leave it on for few minutes for deep conditioning
- Frizzy Hair – Some of us might face friziness during monsoons, use cream based shampoos and conditioners. Frizzled hair is an outcome of raise cuticle. For frizzy hair, use a mild shampoo and a light weight leave in conditioner to lock moisture. Use hair masks for Dry and frizzy hair to get that extra moisture to last good 1-2 months
- Dull hair – You can oil your hair once in 15 days in monsoons. Leave it on for 1 hour and then shampoo and condition. Treat your hair with hair spas once a month, enriched with protein that will lock moisture levels and close the cuticles
- Hairfall – Hair fall increases during monsoons but this is a temporary phase. Use specific shampoos and conditioners for anti – hair fall/breakage. Also, indulge in hair masks and spas, specially designed for hair fall. This will strengthen your hair from the roots as well as the length
- Dandruff – Humidity leads to itchy flaky scalp in Monsoons. One may have a healthy scalp throughout the year, but during monsoons are struck by Dandruff menace. Use an effective Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Cut down on styling and styling products, that further aggravates the problem by attracting dirt and grime
- Flat Hair – Use volume boost shampoos and conditioners to give your hair that extra volume look. This common problem during monsoons for oily or thin hair
- Oily Hair/Scalp – Use a light weight shampoo and conditioner, preferably gel based products that do not leave your hair feeling oily or sticky. Wash your hair regularly to get rid of excess oil and dirt. Oily hair tends to become limp during monsoons and required shampoo that will give volume to the hair
Hope you find them useful. What are your tips & tricks for basic & healthy hair care?
*PS: Image Source~ Google