Its ultra volumising formula coats lashes from root to tip and protects them against harsh external factors (pollution, rubbing, air conditioning). Enriched with regenerating and nourishing cotton and sweet almond oils, it has been specially formulated for sensitive eyes. Its brush that applies so softly thanks to its rounded shape and ultra-soft fibres, gently coats lashes to build volume without clumping.
Bourjois Volume Glamour mascara is highly recommended for sensitive eyes because of the non-irritating natural ingredients giving nice volume to lashes & the water resistant formula which can be removed easily without any need of strong oil based remover. I got this in search of a long wearing, enough volumizing (not something highly dramatic) & easily removable formula & this fits in the bill perfectly.
The mascara comes in a fat white tube tapered towards the bottom & black coloured applicator cap. If you look at the bristles, are very dense & slightly narrow down towards the end which does help to coat the tiny lashes in the inner corners . The bristles picks up enough product to coat the lashes from root to tip adding good amount of volume. One can experience slight clumping issues as the denser bristles doesn’t help much for the lash separation but a good proper wiggling action should take care of that or else a lash comb always comes handy. The bristles are very soft & flexible minimizing the chances of hurting yourself also the formula is extremely mild & does not sting or irritate the eyes if gets inside accidentlly.
The texture is creamy but very light. It smoothly runs down the lashes without making them heavy or stiff. My lashes feel soft throughout the wear without any brittleness. The formula holds up to the lashes without getting dried up. It’s not a one coat miraculous product & does needs 3-4 coats to build up the desired volume if you have sparse lashes like me. But adds good volume & length to lashes creating enough drama. The formula dries pretty fast without getting transferred to brow bone or other eye parts. Gives a glossy jet black colour to lashes which adds up more to the overall finish. It gets easily removed with few splashes of water or some gentle swipes with olive/almond oil, which can be a drawback especially with monsoons pouring down in full potential. Contrary looking at the sunny side, you don’t need any chemicals loaded remover to take this out. This wears for full day on my lashes if undisturbed. The only complaint I have with this mascara is that it doesn’t hold up curls for long. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara but after few hours my lashes again get straightened & looks very flat with this!
Overall I would highly recommend this mascara which is soft, gentle, long wearing & adds good volume & drama to lashes. If you have naturally curly lashes then this would be one of the good mascara to go for.
- Formula enriched with natural ingredients like nourishing cotton & sweet almond oil.
- Creamy & light textured. Does not feel heavy on lashes.
- The bristles are denser & soft picking up good amount of product for volumizing the lashes.
- The formula is mild enough & does not sting or irritate eyes.
- Keeps lashes soft & smooth without any stiffness.
- Imparts deep black colour to lashes.
- Dries quickly.
- Adds good amount of volume & length to lashes.
- Comes off easily with few water splashes without any remover required for sensitive eyes.
- Long wearing.
- There might be slight clumping because of the denser bushy bristles but can be sorted out with the help of lash comb.
- Not completely water proof. (not negative for me as the whole purpose of this mascara is to be sensitive eyes friendly, in case if you looking for a waterproof formula)
- Doesn’t hold curls properly & makes lashes look flat after few hours of wear.
Formula is soft, gentle, long wearing & adds good volume & length to lashes. If you have naturally curly lashes then this would be one of the good mascara to go for.