New Hue is soft Blackened Burgundy/Plum mascara which gives overall a very subtle effect to lashes compared to the other brighter shades from the collection. On my black lashes it’s just a slight subtle tint which reflects in strong /bright lights or else looks as good as a daily wear blackish mascara. With a bold eye makeup the tint of the mascara takes a back stage in the dominance of lid colours. Contrary it does show up well in swatches.
The formula is MAC Authentic without any smudging, flaking or irritation. It does not weigh down the lashes nor make them look brittle or parched. The applicator is tapered with spiky bristles which helps to coat the lashes uniformly allowing the formula to adhere well. The spiky bristles separates the lashes well without any clumping issues & the tapered end makes it easy to reach for the smaller inner corner lashes. The mascara is more of a thickening one for me & does not make huge difference to my lashes in terms of length & volume is not something very dramatic here unlike claimed. It does made my otherwise very sparse lashes physically existing without being too voluptuous so that I can carry this one easily for regular wear which lasts for whole day. Also it holds the curls well till removed on my uber straight lashes & that speaks the strength of the formula! Overall if you want an interesting break from regular wear black mascara which is easy going on lashes without spreading the word check out New Hue!
- Deep Intense colour transforming into much subtle & wearable form on lashes.
- Gives a good break from regular wear black mascaras without shifting the colour much.
- Easy to carry on a regular wear basis.
- Long Wearing, Light weight, non smudging & non flaking formula.
- Does make lashes brittle or parched.
- The tapered & spiky bristles coat the lashes uniformly without any clumps with neatly separated lashes easily till the inner corner.
- Adds good amount of volume & some length to lashes.
- Holds the curls well till removed.
- If you are looking for ultra dramatic, exceptional volumizing & high definition formula then can skip this!
- If you are looking for prominent colour effect then check for other brighter shades as New Hue is quiet subdued on lashes.
- Does not help much in lengthening of lashes.
Soft Blackened Burgundy/Plum mascara which looks much muted on lashes. Does not shift the colour effect noticeably. The formula is Long Wearing, Light weight, non smudging & non flaking. The tapered & spiky bristles coat the lashes uniformly without any clumps with neatly separated lashes easily till the inner corner. Thickens the lashes without being voluptuous.