I had previously reviewed shade Bad to the Bronze from the range. You can check the detailed review on these eyeshadows there. To summarize:
Bold Gold is a rich high shine glittery yellow based gold. The glitters are slightly chunkier but are well blended without giving any gritty feel to otherwise smooth texture. It gives a brilliant metallic finish with much complementing yellow tones for Indian skin tones. While I quiet like the shade, pigmentation is disappointing here. I need to layer the shade few times before it shows the actual colour on lids or else does not apply so evenly in the first attempt. Also the shade does not pick up properly with a brush & looks very inconsistent on lids if applied with the same. The best way is to use your fingers for application. It also does not blend as smoothly as other shades because of the obvious glitters. Overall this works great as a layering shade where the glitter pops up properly giving a nice dimensional look. Longing properties are excellent & stays good for 15 hours without any creasing but yes there’s slight fading with some glitter displacement. But I never wear the shade for this long actually & till 8 hours it stays very much fresh and intact. I do see some glitters resting on my skin in the morning when I wear this shade which shows that they don’t come off so easily but that is something I experience with most of glittery products. I won’t suggest using this as eyeliner given those high chances of glitter dislocation.
Bold Gold paired with copper & bronze eyeshadow. (to check for the blendability!)
- Smooth texture despite of the chunky glitters which are well blended.
- Works as a superb layering shade which pops up the glitter for a nice sparkly look.
- Long wearing.
- Water proof & smudge proof.
- It’s a yellow based gold which goes well with most of the complexions unlike antiqued gold.
- Packaging easily prone to damage.
- Not highly pigmented as other shades from the collection & needs to layered few times to get an even colour on lids.
- Does not pick up & apply well with a brush.
- There’s slight displacement of glitters post wear which can be seen on skin even with the best of cleansing routine.
- Not easily blend able compared to other shades.
The shade lacks good pigmentation & blend ability like rest of the ones in the collection because of the glitters but makes up for that by a good layering medium popping up the eyes to give an edge.