Check out the swatches of Colorbar Lip Pots HERE.
The Colorbar Lip Pots comes housed in a silver cardboard box packaging. The earlier version used to have a narrow slit at down end to view the shade from the carton but now it comes in completely sealed box. The actual product is packed in a tiny transparent pot with silver lid & a thick sealing below to avoid any kind of contamination. The pot holds good 6 gms of product. Only concern being the use of fingers or a brush here which would be a slightly inconvenient during travels.
Colorbar lip pots basically are creamy textured lip formula which feels very hydrating giving a semi glossy finish. These pack a good mediocre pigmentation on lips from a single pass & go completely opaque further. The formula is light textured thick cream without any hint of shimmers & glides smoothly depositing colour evenly on lips. It doesn’t bleed or feather & is weightless. Feels very hydrating & cushiony. These wears for good 4-5 hours before descending down into a matte stain which doesn’t makes lips uncomfortable & retains the hydrating properties of its parent. The formula doesn’t aid any dryness /flakes nor does get into the fine lines of the lips. It has got a sweet caramel fragrance which lingers for a while during application & disappears completely within few seconds. Though I find the fragrance overwhelming but it barely stays for few seconds post application which is not a big issue.
Coral Crush is a beautiful warm toned Peachy Coral which will suit most of the Indian skintones except very dusky ones. It looks quiet weird deep terracotta orange in the tub but transforms into a gorgeous very wearable peachy coral on lips. The shade is slightly sheer compared to other shades from the range & wears for about 3-3.5 hours on me before subsiding into a mild stain. Throughout the wear my lips feel so luxuriously hydrated & the main reason for buying these . My lips dryness gets pronounced during winters & I will be stocking super hydrating options like this & Revlon’s Lip Butters.
- Sealed transparent packaging keeps product safe from any contamination & benefits for easy shade identification.
- Light textured creamy formula feels super light on lips.
- Highly moisturising. Keeps lips supple with semi glossy finish.
- Highly pigmented going almost opaque with minimum effort.
- Long wearing. (Read 5-6 hours)
- Does not bleed or feather despite being creamy.
- Descends down to a matte stain which feels equally hydrating.
- Well priced. Amazing quality plus substantial quantity which will last long.
- Coral Crush strikes a nice balance for warmth & colour.
- The pot packaging gets inconvenient to use during travel. One needs to dip fingers or else use a brush which is a big hassle for on the go touch ups.
- I am not much fond of overwhelming caramel fragrance of the product.
Colorbar Lip Pots are Super Hydrating, Highly Pigmented & Long Wearing. They have incredible smooth creamy texture & are very light on lips. They retain their hydrating properties even after switching over as a matte stain which is a bonus. Coral Crush is a beautiful earthy Peachy Coral, very wearable & will suit most of the skintone lying above very dusky skintone range.