Today it’s yet another pretty neutral from my Colorbar’s stash. You can check out the review for my previously reviewed shades: Green Stroke, Brownie, Spicy Brown & Her Majesty. I absolutely love these single eyeshadows from the brand which delivers so well with well budgeted price tag! * I was not keeping well since last couple of days & hence no updates on the blog.Feeling much better now. Hope to be in full swing in another day or two.
Colorbar Eyeshadows: In General:
Texture wise they feel soft (not buttery though) & satiny giving a pearly finish which I quiet like considering my very dry lids. Surprisingly the range does not have a single matte colour in the collection. All shades have tad amount of shimmers which are not overwhelming & gets blended for a pearlescent sheen, but if you dishearten shimmers completely in your eye makeup can skip them easily. There’s nil fall out with all the shades (some six) I have tried till now & provides a commendable colour pay off in single go. The pigmentation is buildable for intense version on lids. They can be used wet or dry & performs well in both cases. On average they flare easily for 5-6 hours on my lids without a primer & with a proper base long for the whole day without any creasing. Some intense shades (read Spicy Brown) stays considerably longer even without a base. They apply smoothly & blends seamlessly without any issues. Overall, I find them an excellent drugstore buy for the well budgeted price & superb quality & performance.
Potters Clay is a beautiful soft taupe with pearlescent shimmer. It can be weared in itself as a complete wash of lid colour paired with heavily lined/kohled eyes or paired with various hues for an extra pop. My favourite way of wearing Potters Clay is layering it over Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze which gives a nice dimension to the shade making it stand out incredibly well. Potters Clay weared for 6 hours on me before starting to fade without a primer but even with a base it doesn’t stay intact more than 7-7.5 hours showing the obvious diminishing edges. Contrary if weared on a cream shadow base (Maybelline Bad to the Bronze) it stays intact till removed. It’s a nice sheer everyday wear shade. It does needs some layering if wearing alone.It applies & blends effortlessly without any fall out. If you love soft neutrals, make sure to check out this one.
- Compact & easy to locate packaging with attached mirror for touch ups.
- Soft & satiny texture giving a smooth pearly finish.
- Shimmers are finely milled & gets blended seamlessly without any fallout.
- Shimmers do not look OTT.
- Applies & blends evenly/smoothly.
- Good wear time.
- Well priced.
- Nice everyday wear neutral. Looks more impressive with a proper cream shadow base.
- Though the pigmentation & wear time are good but not much as other shades I have tried from the range. (Because the color is naturally soft. If looking for a long wear product you want to reconsider buying this or else use with a nice shimmery cream shadow base).
- Shade availability is a problem. I haven’t seen this shade yet anywhere online except on their website.
A nice soft taupe with an average pigmentation but looks very impressive weared over an shimmery base. It wears for decently long but survives to full potential weared over a cream shadow base. It applies & blends effortlessly without any fall out.