Tenacious Teal looks so fabulous in the tub containing tiny silver shimmers but comes out as slightly deeper sky blue on my skintone. It isn’t a true teal in the tub too, slightly leaning towards Turquoise in the spectrum. Shimmers are not very expressive in tub or after once blended out properly. They add up for a nice sheen with a perfect non gritty blend into the texture. I find it easier to work with fingers as using a brush takes few application repetitions for getting desired intensity. I just dab the product on my lids using fingers & then blend / soften the edges using a nice fluffy blending brush. The shade blends easily without any shimmer transfer.Like a typical Color Tattoo Eyeshadow it has got a nice smooth & creamy formula which is long wearing & stays on like anybody’s business without any fading, budging or creasing (read 12+ hours). Given that I have the driest eyelids ,the slight metallic-frosty finish gives a perfect look to my lids.
MAYBELLINE COLOR TATTOO EYESHADOWS IN GENERAL:
Both EOTD’s are after 10 hours of wear!
- Transparent easy to locate packaging.
- Smooth & creamy texture.
- Applies & blend smoothly.
- Waterproof & smudge proof.
- Exceptionally long wearing (read 12 hours+/ claims till 24 hours).
- Does not fade, crease or budge on lids.
- Highly pigmented.
- Well priced looking at the quality. A formula dupe for high end brands like MAC.
- Comes with free applicator brush.
- The shade is cheater for me here. It’s completely different on my skin tone than what appearing in tub.
- Packaging is easily prone to breakage.
- Taking these off is a big pain & needs a good oil based makeup remover.
Like a typical Color Tattoo Eyeshadow it has got a nice smooth & creamy formula which is long wearing & stays on like anybody’s business without any fading, budging or creasing (read 12+ hours). But if you are looking for a true fabulous Teal, then will disappoint you!