I am so loving these beauties from Maybelline & today I will be reviewing a beautiful Orange toned Red MAT 4 from the range. Earlier I had reviewed the shade MAT 1. Please refer to the link for detailed information about the formula.
In a nutshell, these lipsticks have smooth & creamy formula sans being buttery with a semi matte finish. They don’t go all the way extremely matte on lips but then inhibit those matte formula characters of drying down the wear time & in case of no balm top-ups, settles into fine lines highlighting dry flakes & getting patchy. And then some good things like power pack pigmentation, deep stain & long wearability.They apply smoothly without any tugs & all you need is to prep up the formula with regular moisture dose to the lips to behave well. However these are not very unforgiving on dry lips as a hard core matte formula would be!
MAT 4 is a deep true red with slight orange tones. Again it’s bright yet very wearable which brightens up the face instantly. MAT 4 needed two swipes to pack up completely on lips & stayed for 4+ hours (with built up) before starting to fade. Nevertheless it’s a beautiful glam up shade. It fades evenly into a gorgeous deep coral red tint.
- Cute matte red packaging.
- Smooth & creamy formula.
- Semi matte finish (don’t go all the way unflattering on dry lips!)
- Well priced.
- Good buildable pigmentation.
- Long wearing.
- Range leans on neonish side of the spectrum yet very wearable.
- Formula is not very unforgiving on dry lips as with most of the matte range.
- Going down the wear time the formula tends to settle into fine lines if not topped with a moisturizing medium.
- Name is slightly misleading as they don’t fall precisely under matte finish range!
It is a gorgeous glam up shade without being completely deep true into the face red. The pigmentation is buildable & it does not pack colour in a single go. But one layered it wears really long.