|Finally, a foundation brush for use with all formulations – liquid, cream or powder. Shiseido’s innovative technology combines with traditional Japanese brush-making techniques to create the perfect foundation finish. Excellent pick-up of all types of formulas for a uniform application and impeccable finish. Gently tapered strands create an angled slant that best allows bristles to reach all facial contours. Short handle allows for precise control during application and portability for travel.
Shiseido perfect foundation brush comes packed in a sturdy plastic box which is quiet useful to carry the brush around during travels without disturbing the bristles anatomy. It’s rather a smaller brush compared to other ones in my vanity but then that makes it perfect travelling partner for me which gets skid into a tiny makeup pouch easily! And the multipurpose aspect of the brush is icing on the cake.
The handle is short & fits into the palms for a precise & controlled application. The smaller and denser bristles are secularly clenched in Mauve toned steel ferrule. They are made of synthetic fibres which can be used with all formulations. The two toned deep saddle brown bristles are exceptionally soft with a slanted flattened top at the surface. The brush is mostly compared with the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush with only difference being the slightly sloped surface & much compacted size. However the size & shape of the brush holds its own pros n cons..
Let’s talk about the merits first…
- It blends exceptionally well giving a flawless impeccable finish! The synthetic fibres works like a pro with any formulation giving you a super refined & polished looking skin.
- The slanted or sloped flattened surface plus the compact size of the bristles ensures that they reach every possible corner of your face which is a bit difficult with bigger surfaced brushes. The brush slides in under eye area & edges of the nose like a dream ensuring an even toned coverage.
- It’s a perfect blender giving a superb airbrushed finish bettering the coverage. It gives a nice soft focussed effect even with the heavy build up making the coverage very natural yet strong blurring out the imperfections.
- Typically it’s a foundation brush, however works equally well with concealer, blushers (liquid, powder & cream), highlighters & finishing powders. It blends in concealer like a dream & so does applies blushers of all formulations effortlessly. The compact bristles give a good control over product & the build-up.
- I have been using this since 8 odd months & haven’t seen it shedding a single hair. I wash every week or sometimes twice and make sure to clean it with a brush cleanser after every use.
- I don’t know if it’s only me, but I don’t find it so good with buffing. It ensures a pro finish with regular patting motions. The bristles being compact & very densely packed restrict the mobility too far for a precise buffing action. For me Sigma F 80 any day is the best buffing tool. I have seen many raving this for a superb buffing action but then just don’t find it as precise as F 80 in buffing department.
- The brush surface being smaller takes up time to cover the entire face. Though not an issue for me but then it don’t cover up much area in a single go.
- Takes ages to dry!!! For this I generally cleanse it with my MAC brush cleanser after every use & bathe it properly with shampoo & water at the weekends.
I would highly recommend it given that it’s a fool proof compact tool for your base makeup, concealers, highlighters, blushers & finishing touch ups. The compressed size makes it a light & easy to carry around multitasking brush. Though it comes with a price tag but worth investing.