|What it is: Lightweight multifunctional face moisturizer that provides a luminous glow.• What it does: Enhances your complexion by adding a touch of shimmer illuminating your skin.
• Why we love it: It provides a glorious, luminous healthy glow instantly!
Artist tips / Suggested use
• How to use: Apply all over your face to illuminate your features under and over foundation. It can also be blended with your foundation for an additional touch of glow.
Capture that sexy glow with our lightweight, multi-functional illuminator. Use as a foundation base or over cheekbones, décolletage, or cupids bow for that refreshing luminosity that’ll have everyone talking.
NYX Born to Glow Illuminator comes in two shades: Sunbeam & Gleam. While Gleam is a Golden Peach Pearl which does adds a slight tint, I chose Sunbeam, a Pale Pink Pearl which was my obvious choice for a luminizing foundation base sans any tint on my warmer skin tone. These Illuminators comes in a tiny squeezable plastic tunes with tiny nozzle & color coded bodies and a black twist up cap. The packaging looks very nice & feels sturdy unlike their blushes which is quiet flimsy.
SUNBEAM is a Pale Pink Pearl which is supposed to add nice sheen to higher planes of your face for a crisp highlight or overall give a luminous glow mixed with or under foundation. The texture is on slightly thicker side and not flowy like most of the Illuminators. It’s wee bit thicker than MAC strobe cream due to denser concentration of shimmers. However it does spread & blends in easily without any issues. And the good things stop here for me! The major drawback of the formula is that it sets in a jiffy, so you need to be super quick in blending it on the skin or else all you get is a big mass of concentrated glitter on skin. The glitter specks are big & very evident in every manner sans being chunky. They easily accentuate pores & highlights flaws. It’s too glittery for my definition of highlighter or a base. The shimmers don’t scatter out even when mixed with foundation and are very distinctive on skin post blending. The sparkles are very obvious in the formula & adds up for lot more than a nice subtle sheen! For my extremely dry skin, it takes efforts to make formula work as it don’t blend so well even on an emollient base and then it just takes a breath to settle down. The formula is way too much glitter concentrated giving it a slight viscosity making it difficult to work with. Sunbeam wears for good 8-9 hours on my skin !The glitters do get displaced in the whole wear time & they refuse to come out so easily at the EOD.
In a nutshell: It’s a Glitter Overdose with difficult to work on formula!
- Convenient to use sleek & sturdy tube packaging.
- Nice creamy light weight texture which spreads & blends in easily.
- Long wearing.
- It’s a glitter over dose! The glitters are very pronounced & give a sparkly finish rather than sheen.
- They are very much perceptible even when used under foundation.
- The formula sets in a moment giving hardly any time to blend which in turn concentrate the shimmers at one place.
- Takes efforts on my extremely dry skin to work with the formula.
- Shimmers travel post application.
- Accentuates pores highly!
Glitterbomb is what I will call this formula! Highly saturated with big pronounced silver specks which takes efforts to work on with. Not recommended.