L’Oreal Souffle blushes comes in a tiny thick glass tubs with the respective coloured caps for the easy location of shades. There are four shades available in the range: Angelic, Celestial, Cherubic & Plume. I had previously reviewed shade Plume from the range. Today I will be reviewing shade Cherubic for which again I have got a mixed opinion though I am very much keen on laying my hands of Angelic.
Texture wise these are an absolute treat to work with if you enjoy those light, weightless whipped crème textures which feels so fluffy & effortless on your skin. They get transformed into a nice powdery matte-satin finish onto the skin. A formula that even oily skin will love. This super easy formula is a little tricky to work with though. It applies & blends seamlessly but has a tendency to accentuate every minor flaw of the skin right from those dry patches to break outs and then accentuating the pores! It won’t give a pretty site on unevenness too, so basically I would call these a perfect pair for a flawless eventoned skin. These soufflé blushes gives a natural flush on skin allowing the skin to breathe though. I won’t suggest layering the formula as it tends to ball up & gets difficult to blend after a point. The formula will be enjoyed by females who prefer a healthy lightweight natural makeup. The longevity is also pretty average with the product. I prefer fingers to work on with this one.
CHERUBIC is a mid-toned pink with tiny silver shimmers adding up for that slight luminous satin finish to the shade. It looked a gorgeous dusty rose & warmer in the tub but is a complete different story on my NC42 skintone where it turns out to be quiet pale. The shade is nicely pigmented & a single swipe gives enough color to the cheeks. However it doesn’t keep up good record in wear department & gets faded completely by 4-5 hours. I love to use this as a base for my powder blushes. See more pics & swatches:
- Attractive & easy to locate packaging.
- Light, weightless whipped crème texture.
- Applies & blends effortlessly.
- Blends in seamlessly with a natural looking finish.
- Gives a satin matte finish.
- Good pigmentation.
- The formula accentuates every minor flaw of the skin. This is more of a perfect flawless skin product.
- It’s difficult to work with the formula with even a slight layering as it tends to ball up & getting difficult to blend easily.
- Very average wear time looking at L’Oreal standards.
- Limited shades selection. The range offers nothing much for deeper tans.
For such lovely texture & formula it’s a shame that functionality is not the same & one requires efforts to workout with it properly. If you have problematic skin stay sheer from the formula. The product does not match upto L’Oreal standards.