GLAM 13 was my first encounter with these recently launched fabulous formulas from Maybelline. Today I have one more gorgeous shade to show you which unfortunately is just not made for duskier tones & washes me out completely. Nevertheless it sings nice romantic duet on pale-medium skintones.
Packaging wise these look pretty interesting with a colour coded lipstick bullet shaped tube safely guarded by a transparent rectangular tube & a silver cap holding a soft spiked sponge tip applicator. The applicator is slightly curved to perfectly fit into the contours of lips.
GLAM 9 is a beautiful soft Bubble-gum Pink with tiny hint of shimmers. The shade screams spring in full swing. This does wash me out completely (NC42) or say just about pulls out depending on the makeup, but will be a nice pick for pale-medium skintones. While I loved every bit of GLAM13, GLAM 9 was slightly disappointing. It applied slightly uneven with first stroke but covered up soon thereafter. The shade cling to dry patches of lips & peeks into those fine lines highlighting the flaws which is totally opposite what I had experienced with GLAM 13. GLAM 9 goes opaque with 2 swipes but in case you have deep pigmented lips, might need a slight more build-up. The shade look quiet pigmented in tube but comes out slight sheerer which is case with all the shades in the range. Wear wise the formula is comfortable, cushiony & moisturizing and stays put for good 3.5 hours before subsiding down. It has got a nice creamy texture which doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on lips. But does attract tiny food bits and hair strands without being revoltingly sticky.
Overall, I am slightly disappointed with the formula here but I guess all the shades perform slightly different from the range.
- Sturdy, easy to locate & chic packaging.
- Soft, creamy & light weight texture.
- Highly moisturizing. (A cross between lipstick & balm!)
- Keeps lips cushioned & hydrated .
- Nicely pigmented. Can be built for complete opacity on lips.
- Good wear power.
- They come out sheerer than how shade appears in tube holding slight translucency. So if you looking for deeply pigmented shades might be slightly disappointed.
- Slightly sticky (not anything majorly uncomfortable) which attracts food bits & hair strands.
- Clings to dry patches & settles into fine lines highlighting the flaws.
A beautiful soft Bubblegum Pink which will suit paler-medium skintones but washes out duskier ones. The formula is slightly disappointing which tends to highlight the flaws.