Draw attention to your eyes by highlighting them with a hint of color.
- Choose Maybelline’s Vivid And Smooth Eye Color Pencil to add color and brighten up your eyes. Featuring vivid, eye-catching colors, these colored eyed pencils instantly up the style quotient of your look.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Comes in vibrant shades that highlight and brighten up your eyes
- Is easy to apply and spreads smoothly along your lash line
- Available in 12 stunning shades
I had previously reviewed shades Bordeaux Pearl & Forest Green from the range. These colour eye pencils are a great budget option with huge range of shade selection & for the performance compared to price. Today I will be reviewing shade Gold from the range.
Formula wise they have smooth & creamy texture without being crumbly. They glide smoothly on lids without any tugs or pulls. As the texture is more on softer side they gets finished off faster and the product wastage during sharpening adding up for the same. These are richly pigmented giving true colour with a single swipe! However do not flare that well in longing part. On my dry lids they wear somewhere 4-6 hours before starting to fade which is quiet disappointing as most of the formulations wears beyond 8 hours for me. Because they are not waterproof, might be the reason for early wear off. The formula sets in quick leaving very tiny room to work on with them. Though they are fairly easy to blend & smudge, have to make sure to work quickly.
Packaging wise, they are same old black plastic bodied sharp enable pencils with transparent cap & colored tails for easy shade identification. Nothing fancy here, simple no fuss packaging all together.
GOLD is a Coppery Gold with fine micro shimmers for that sheen. I did see few specks (though they are not chunky) travelling across lids while fading but nothing major or perceptible. The yellow tones of the shade complement our Indian skintones beautifully. If you are into golds, check this one out. See more pics & Swatches:
- Easy to locate & use packaging.
- Smooth & creamy texture.
- Applies smoothly without any tugs or pulls.
- Sets in quick & easy to work with.
- Rich pigmentation.
- Wide range of shade selection.
- Disappoints to some extent in terms of wear department.
- Considerable amount of product wastage during sharpening.
For the price these flare pretty well for formula & performance. Though the longing power could have been better but can’t complain much for the price. And being not completely waterproof, still manage to stay on lids without smudging! Highly Recommended.